One great year at a GREAT school with GrEaT students. While tears did not come, it was bitter sweet to say goodbye to my students on Thursday. Students from this semester and last made some impressive strides and really grew both academically and personally as youth, as is evident in my 4th Period's group picture below :) haha... They're outstanding kids.
There was a lot to celebrate at the closing faculty luncheon, although I think the administrative team did not get the shout-outs that they really deserved. It's inspiring to work with individuals who are so invested in the success of students and teachers. I'm really looking forward to returning to the same school (different position) in the Fall!
BTW: We, as faculty (women sadly represented by only me, the "wanna-be-baller"), pulled off a win against the eighth graders in baskball! Whew! I'd love to make time to work on those skillz- it was fun.
Summer is here! I am also REALLY looking forward the adventures that are soon-coming... departure in 1 day! If you are interested in hearing updates on teaching in Ghana, please send me and email or just comment. I have another blog set up for the trip, but I may resort to emails if the internet connection is too slow.
I can't believe school lasted so long! Yes, I want summer updates:anniegs492live.com
ReplyDeleteWhoops, that is supposed to be@live.com after the 49.
ReplyDeleteYou bet I want to hear all about Ghana! I'm sure it will be an awesome experience. It's so fun to see you with your students. I guess that means we're adults, or something.
ReplyDeleteThat was fun to look at the pictures. I totally recognized some of those kids. Make sure you pass on that blog link of Ghana or email me the updates.
ReplyDeleteWe just finished Wasatch Back yesterday. That was one of the funnest running events I have ever done...
Cute, cute Jenni, your amazingness has no end. I want to be like you if, and when, I grow-up. I am excited for your trip to Ghana...I wish I was going with you!!!!!!
ReplyDelete