Sunday, August 16, 2009

Last stop: Utah

To end my time in the west this summer, I rode with Andrew, Rachel and Kaili to their new home in Pleasant Grove, Utah. Since we got home to PG, we've enjoyed some rest, fighting off a cold that we think was passed from the other cute niece to her favorite cousin, then to Rachel and I...

Can't rest too much when there's plenty of fun and work to be done! With the Abes and Rach's new abode, fridge/freezer/dishwasher adventures, Kaili, kitchen organization, Kaili diapers, laundry galore, Kaili feeding, garden research, Kaili entertaining, paint planning, Kaili laughing, picture and curtain hanging, and more , Rach and I (and Kaili) have enjoyed our time tag-teaming, not to mention Rach staying on top of work with her new franchising responsibilities. We've had fun along the way...

  • dancing and singing brings huge smiles and giggles out of Keai Kaili
  • swimming and wave-pool time entertains the whole family
  • running in the park and through the hills and Timp temple area
  • Home Depot errands (Abes bought his first manly shovel- with a lifetime guarantee, of course!)
  • church in their new ward ("real men carry diaper bags" Abes- huh)
  • rock climbing with Abes
  • celebrating A&R's anniversary with Kaili while they partied on their own
  • Los Lobos outdoors concert in SLC (Kaili's first concert at 7 mo. old!)... check out their music!

The only thing that could make it more fun around here would be to have Madi and Kristen with us.

Additionally, I have enjoyed having the chance to catch up with friends in the Provo and Salt Lake areas...


  • river kayaking with Paul and JeVonne family (yes, she's due in a couple of weeks)
  • hiking with Rebecca then lunch with Britt and little Talmage
  • dinner, disc-throwing, and frisbee golf with Rob, and dinner with the Lawlers
  • softball game with Abes and cousin Hunter
  • Rock Canyon with Lisa and boxing/moving with Shelley
  • dinner & stories with some favorite mission friends, the Menloves, Gawith (Afton) & Michael
  • hiking Nebo with Caleb and rock climbing with Annalee
  • reception with Jenna, Wes and the McDonald family
  • visiting Dr. Graham on BYU campus- catching up and grad school advice
  • running Bonneville shoreline trail with Connie and Brandon (he road his mt. bike)...and early morning temple run

And the great thing is... It worked out perfectly that I was able to delay my departure in order to spend more time with the Skeens and enjoy friends in the area more as well. Still love this valley, both for the beauty that offers recreation as well as the family and friendships to come "home" to... I suppose it's time I own the fact that "home" is more than one geographic location for me.


It's great to be a teacher with a summer that allows me to enjoy my "homes"!

2 comments:

  1. Holy Cow, you were a busy lady! Thanks so much for making some time for us, I really enjoyed seeing you and Rebecca and hearing about your fun lives :)

    ReplyDelete