On Saturday, Marci's family shared another day at Lake Anna with me! Luke and I finally raced... starting off the dock, swimming to a near by boat launch ramp, running up the pavement hill to the top of the street, and returning the same way.
He did awesome, learning how to swim with his eyes closed due to two factors: no goggles and dirty open water.
It was great practice for our upcoming triathlon that we'll race as a team. We then practiced out synchronized rowing technique on the surf board, with plans to practice in an actual canoe soon.
A full tube of numbing fluid and 11 stitches later...
We had a good time.
No concussion, no loss of consciousness, no broken bones... that's the way to go down! In short, it was a Well-done Wakeboard Accident! Marci was an excellent advocate... the doctor was numerically entertained with 2 math teachers in her hands.
To escalate the excitement, Marci and I hadn't been back at the house for more than 20 minutes before Frank, Marci's husband, was stung by a bee while taking a drink... his lip swelled up after he pulled out a nice big stinger, so we nicknamed him "Puff" for the evening.
Stitch and Puff.
Luke wakeboarding.
To escalate the excitement, Marci and I hadn't been back at the house for more than 20 minutes before Frank, Marci's husband, was stung by a bee while taking a drink... his lip swelled up after he pulled out a nice big stinger, so we nicknamed him "Puff" for the evening.
Wow that is one fat lip and set of stitches. Go Jenni!!! I'm glad you are all okay though and it was nothing too serious. BTW, too bad I wasn't there b/c I would have loved to put those stitches in. You know I can sew now right?/!
ReplyDeleteWHOA!!! My poor friend. But I am still INSANELY jealous that you got some wakeboarding time in, I feel like nobody goes boating on the east coast and I am pining for a lil' lake action...Feel better!
ReplyDeleteYay for stitches. Lets be friends. http://robmart.in/2009/08/headache/
ReplyDeleteWow! What a day! The bee sting is quite impressive as it how precisely the board found your brow.
ReplyDeleteHope you both get better soon :)
You're so brave Jenni! I'm glad it looks like you still had a fun day, despite the ER trip! I hope school's going well!
ReplyDeleteWas the race before or after the stitches?
ReplyDelete