Sunday, December 20, 2009

Winter Wonderland

The weather man was spot on! The big Dec 2009 storm started right at 9:00pm on Friday and did not cease until 11pm Saturday.

By late morning I measured 8 inches with my trusty ruler
By afternoon, my ruler was nolonger of use because the snow depth surpassed the ruler's abilities.
By 7:30pm I brought out the tape measured and measured 21 inches!
By 11pm I was too tired to measure again, so I will leave it to the news report... 24 inches!

While it was fun to watch the fun from the inside, it was even more fun to...
-Shovel the driveway of 15 inches so we could pile in Adrienne's car and try to find a good sledding hill
-Adrienne's windshield wipers broke so we turned around, headed to Kmart in an unsuccessful attempt to get some help from one of the few open stores, so we went home
-Run 10 miles up the middle of the local snow-covered roads
-Visit neighbors in the middle of the storm
-Make Snow Angels and Do flips in the powder in the front lawn- I've never done this at home before!!!

4 comments:

  1. WOW, 10 miles!/?... are you training for something? Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad we did not get any of that snow. Saida would sure like some though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy girl! I guess if you have that kind of a positve attitude about snow it makes it better. I'm not so much a fan.

    ReplyDelete