
Once upon a time, there was a family with an incredibly kind Mom, a superstar Dad, and two smart, athletic and sweet boys. Day after day, they practiced working hard and playing hard together, striving to get the most out of life. When all was said and done, they shared their joy with others.
[Luke, Nate and Me]

Monday of Memorial Day, they welcomed their friends, Jenni and Tali, to join them at their boathouse on Lake Anna. Seated in the beautiful Mineral, Virginia, miles from the rush of traffic, Lake Anna is surrounded by farm fields, seasonal homes and residents. Fishermen, Pontoons, SeaDoos and Ski boats share the water mass, which stretches about 13,000 acres.
[Fish, I mean Nate!]

By late morning, the Dietrich family and their two friends (that's me and Tali) boarded the ski boat and find their way to a small cove across the lake, where wake boarding and water skiing was enjoyed. It was a grand pleasure to glide across the lake water upon such toys. A cheering section of children and adults alike in the boat only added to the delectation.
[Nate and Will (his school buddy)]
[Tali: Rockin' the "Fast and Furious"]

[
For Dad: I'd Rather Be Skeen]
Exploring a few of Lake Anna's fingers aboard SeaDoos, Tali and Jenni found waves to jump along the way. To further their fun, the children and guests repeatedly plunged into the water of Lake Anna, retreating occasionally to pleasures of kayaking and such. Participation in an open water swim excursion was a tradition had with increased safety by Jenni and Tali this year, as one traded off with the other kayaking aside the swimmer.
[Tali: first time Sea-Dooing ever!]

Upon returning from their swimming exploration, Ma and Pa Dietrich had prepared a delicious and nutritious spread for lunch including grilled burgers with the fixin's, out-of-this-world beans (better than baked beans), corn-on-the-cob, italian bean-salad, watermelon, vegies, strawberries and more.
After a grand day of good company and fun, Jenni and Tali asked themselves, "How did we get to be so spoiled?". This family is so gracious, fun and just so GOOD to spend the day with.
Thank you, Dietrichs! I will miss this family.
That looked so fun!!! What a great way to spend the holiday.
ReplyDeleteI was trying to comment on your Daily Mile thing, but it wouldn't let me without joining...so I'll write my comment here:
ReplyDelete12 Miles? You might want to think about picking up the pace, Jenni. Haha, just kidding, I am glad that you have this on your blog, because most other ones I have seen say "3/4 mile workout" or something hilarious. But your workouts are legit.
Glad you had fun on the boat! I wish I could have gone...I love love love boats!
That sounds like a great day!
ReplyDeleteWe're so jealous! Waterskiing already!! We are still getting rained on! Looks like a fun weekend!
ReplyDeleteLooks like tons of fun! I love the whole "Skeen" reference. Skeens always love to go skiing! I'm a dork. I'm glad you had a good weekend!
ReplyDelete