Sunday, May 10, 2009

Proud to Say, "She's my M-O-M!"

Up at night, can't sleep alone?
She was there to comfort me, by staying near.

Had a bad day at school again?
It was her who dried up the tears.

Can't laugh alone, 'cause it's not as fun?
She's sure to laugh along.

Need some humor in life from day to day?
Watch her dance while I play a piano song.

Advice from health to boys and all life's plans?
Call the woman who's wiser than wise.

Out late as a teen, does anyone know?
She's up, waiting on the stairs, no surprise.

Who's cheering me on in work and play?
Cheerleader of the year: that's her again and again.

Who knows our family history on many levels?
She can tell me where the Behrens and Aea-Changs began.

In short, she's a woman of talents that really have no end.
I've known her as her daughter, and today she's a best friend.

The list could go on of reasons to celebrate this woman today,
But it would take for too long- we'd be here through next May.

Happy Mothers Day to the woman who is a mother to me and hundreds more,
And to grandmothers, and the many mothers, whom we together honor and adore.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Jenni! You're a sweetie! I Love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I was able to meet your parents. Your mom reminds me of my mom. Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the poem. T will always be a second Mom to me :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pictures. Harmon looks a little like Andrew in that first picture. You have a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you were such a cute little girl...and still are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) fun pictures! I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete