Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hunter and Aubrey (Skeen) Hartman

Hunter and Aubrey were sealed in the Washington D.C. LDS Temple last Saturday. I was so happy when I learned that she was from out here in VA, which increased the chances of them coming here to be married... and it happened! :) Looking forward to more memories with the new Aubrey Hartman at Skeen reunions and family gatherings.
Saturday was so great, spending time at the temple with cousins, aunts, and uncles; navigating a new part of the District in a 3-car caravan of Skeens (an eventful journey, in short); lunch in Pentagon City; and celebrating Hunter and Aubrey's marriage and great families in Ashburn, VA, at their reception.

In attendance were Aunt Pam and Paul; Uncle Doug and Linda, Morgan, McKay; Kelley and her son, Cayden; Jeff, Tracy's husband; Megan, and her daughter, Addison; Catherine and Aunt Nancy; Rich and Jonah. I love the Skeens! It was such a treat to see everyone, and I certainly wish that I could see more of this family! Something I love about family, though, is that neither time nor land mass can distances the lasting friendships and memories.
Linda and Doug are so wise, and I enjoyed catching up with them on life's journeys; Catherine and I picked up right where we left off when we last saw each other about 3 years ago; Jeff shared some great stories about Thailand and little Taylor riding an elephant; Kelly and I made plans to organize a cousin running race gathering before the end of this year; Addison showed off how Megan taught her to "pound it" rather than give high fives for friend and adults (she's darling); Aunt Nancy and Catherine tried Phad Thai for their first time at Thaiphoon for lunch.

3 comments:

  1. We loved spending time with you. We will be in DC briefly (we fly back from switzerland into dulles) but it sounds like you are off on adventures of your own. We would love to get together sometime!

    ReplyDelete