So there are more pictures to post from this past month after moving back to UT officially than I can manage right now. Rather than taking the time I can't, but fulfilling my duties, here's a quick update that will hopefully be edited for improvement before the end of this month. No promises.
- Living with the Skeens (Andrew, Rach and Kaili) in PG was ideal. They were so good to me, and I could never get home too early- I loved spending time with Rach and Kai in the early evenings. I even got to be on pick-up duty after Kai's daycare on days that Rach was running behind. I can't be grateful enough for the time I got to spend at the Skeen home!
- Started my graduate program at BYU. Instructional Psychology and Technology is the department. I am thoroughly enjoying my associations with excellent instructors and peers. There is quite a variety within the student body in terms of background and age, which I really like. There is even a man in his late 60's or early 70's auditing my programming class! In the next couple months I should be able to nail down my master's project plan, which is really exciting. Most don't start this until later on in the program, but I've got a good feel for the direction I'd like to move in and an early start can't hurt.
- Working as an Instructional Design Assistant at the Center for Teaching and Learning under the direction of my friend, Tonya, has been grand. Again, the faculty in the center are outstanding, and I really like the projects that I am working on. My main project (developing a social/academic networking discussion board) helps to support my other job as an IPT287 Instructor, which is awesome. Additionally, the CTL hours count toward internship credits. I'm very grateful for this opportunity and am convinced this was handed to me from the Lord in many ways.
- Instructing an undergraduate technology integration course has been a good experience as well. I really enjoy many of the student interactions that I have, although it has also been eye-opening and slightly disappointing to see some less-than-ideal characteristics surface in many of the students. I am determined to exude positive energy to help inspire them to love learning and the challenges that come with building new skills.
- Moving to P-Town just over a week ago has been good. I miss the Skeens, but it's been less of a drive and has helped me be able to put more hours into work and school. Also I started dating Brock. He and I were friends a few years ago before I moved to teach in VA. We went on our first date at the beginning of September and have enjoyed getting to know each other more since. It's really good to be able to spend more time with him since I live closer now. He's kind, happy, smart, funny, talented, awesome (that includes a lot) and more. Simply put, I like him.
these are the best pics we have yet... enjoy :)
Yeah for everything you're doing! I wish you were closer to up here. Maybe someday.
ReplyDelete