Thursday, February 3, 2011

Perfect Date


Saturday, January 8th

In a skirt, with snow boots in hand, Brock took me on an adventure date up Provo Canyon to South Fork Park. We did dutch oven cooking at this park on our first date exactly 4 months ago.

This time of year, the park was covered in at least 2 feet of snow, so the snow boots were necessary. Trudging through the snow, we made our way to the bridge that crosses over the river. Brock stopped so we could enjoy the beautiful snowy river and picturesque setting. This particular spot is between two of our favorite memories: dutch-oven cooking on one side of the river and star-gazing together on the other side of the river. Brock read me a really thoughtful letter, which made me think this was a celebration of our 4 months dating anniversary.

He soon pulled a wood box from his pocket, encasing a beautifully elegant ring and proceeded to get on one knee in the snow (yes, in the snow. What a man!), and he asked if I would marry him to which my response was an unquestionable YES. We are so happy to be engaged.

Next, Brock took me to a really neat restaurant up Mill Creek Canyon. Log Haven is the name (not a great name, we decided). Picture a huge fireplace in the lobby of the log cabin with dim lantern lit table settings. We both enjoyed Steak and Lobster with gourmet potatoes and asparagus, followed by an incredible Chocolate Lava Cake with hazelnut ice cream and kumquat sauce. The setting and food was a perfect celebration for the special day.
Our last stop of the night was back in Provo to another park at which we have had many special and fun times together. Snow on the ground has changed our memorable places, but they are just as special with more memories from today.

It was a perfect evening with Brock.

We are both a better person with the other, and we look forward to our journey together as we prepare to be sealed in the Draper, Utah Temple in April. Endless adventures are ahead of us.

17 comments:

  1. Those pictures of you two are so great!!! It looks so pretty out there. That's exciting that you chose Draper, I am sure it will be a wonderful place for your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS to you both!!! Such exciting news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this post gave me chills. It's just so wonderful and I'm so happy for both of you that you found one another! What a great love story and all the best with the wedding planning. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I thought it should be coming! So happy for you Jenni. Sounds like he did a great job proposing. (Log Haven is a great resturant)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! He looks like a really great guy - I'm sure you guys are going to have tons of fun together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoo hooo! Yipee! Yes! Yippy Ky yay yeah! Doing a jig over here. So excited can't contain it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two of my favorite people together forever! Couldn't be happier right now! It just makes so much sense for you guys to be together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for you two. Thanks for sharing your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenni I am so happy for you. I was just wondering how you were doing a few days ago. It looks like you are very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jerammon nan kwe. I lukuun monono bwe kwonaj marre im inaj bed. President e jela kwonaj marre mottan jidik. Yokwe yuk im inaj loi kwe ilo April!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness, what a beautiful photo. I love the engagement story (yes, I cried). I'm so excited for you Jenni rat and so thankful you have found a wonderful man for an amazing woman like yourself. I love you very much and wish you both nothing less then an AMAZING life together. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Jenni! Thanks for sharing your story. I am thrilled for you both, and am excited to hear about "endless adventures" to come. With you two at the helm, they are bound to be fantastic!
    Love ya,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Jenni and Brock!! How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely engagement. Jenni, I know the very spot you are describing at South Fork. I grew up one mile up the river at Wildwood. We are thrilled about this. Love to you both!
    Annette and Scott

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY!! I'm so happy for you guys!! (I always wanted to go to Log Haven...I'm glad you got to experience it for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. YES!! I'm so glad I get to hear the story. I'm so happy for you, Jenni Skeen!!!

    Though our last name will no longer be the same. I guess that would've happened anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's fantastic news, Jenni! Congratulations to both of you!

    ReplyDelete