Friday, February 11, 2011

St. George Half

Road trip down to St. George!
Nothing like a Half Marathon in January!
Julie and Conz (above) have been such great friends to run with. Let me introduce you...
Conz and I started running together nearly 10 years ago, our freshman year at BYU. She's been an inspiration and faithful friend and steady running buddy since. We are neighbors again for a little while, and we have loved the convenience of it!
Julie and I began training for a marathon together in 2009 out in the DC area. She and I have been great friends since... there's something magic about making friendships through running! She is also an inspiration to me in many ways, and she most often comes up to meet Conz and I for morning runs.
There's nothing like a long run with these gals. I love running with them not only for the good workout but for the great company. They are both superb ladies. They are examples of loyalty, honesty and excellence in all they do.
This trip was also a team effort with my co-workers at the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL). Jeff, Cary and Tonya often run on their lunch breaks. Last semester I had the pleasure of doing this occasionally with them. Unfortunately my schedule is quite different now so I don't see them as much anymore. They are such a joy to associate with, though. We did a race together in the Fall, and I hope I can join them in more of their team adventures in the future!
Brock and Brandon (Connie's husband) cheered us on just past the 8 mile marker. It was so nice to be supported by them. Brock is such a pro-cheerleader, in the most manly sense.
Meet Brock, my fiance, our cheerleader, and our team photographer!!! The best cheer came as I was running down the shoot, and he screams at the top of his lungs, "Go Jenni!!!! I want to marry you!!!" and the lady beside him (whose ear drums were swelling), asks, "Are you really going to marry her?" to which Brock informed her that we are engaged. Haha. I love Brock! I am one lucky girl.


3 comments:

  1. Jenni! How are you? Wow, I just read your post about your engagement. Hurray! Congrats. You seem very happy! I with you both the best of luck and a lifetime of adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo those are cool CTL shirts. Glad you had a fun race! Only you can make a half marathon look fun.

    P.S. today I was just thinking how jealous I am that you got to go back to grad school at BYU right during Jimmermania. Perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought CTL stood for Choose the Left :). Nice work Jenni!

    ReplyDelete