Eve of Easter:
The Easter Classic 10K race at Haynes point was not rained out but was perhaps less inviting to a larger crowd. A few people friends from the ward met up and raced it together on Saturday morning. It was a lot of fun, although it took about the entire 6.2 miles to get warmed up :) Nonetheless, I was awarded the third-place trophy in my division, which was ironically a 1-lb chocolate bunny! :)
Highlights of Easter:
Beautiful weather- warm and sunny. Great church services in the Colonial 1st and 2nd ward including lessons on hope (perfect topic for the celebration of Christ' resurrection and what that means for each of us) and nice music (Kim sang a solo- always a treat, and Crystal was part of her ward choir). Spontaneous pictures by the Patomac after church at the Mt. Vernon chapel (my roommates and other girlfriends gather in the spring sunshine). Cutting fruit, and lots of it, for a dinner that DeEtte was helping with for people in the ward. Gourmet dinner with family-like friends- Karen, James and Sophie (4-months-old now!), and Crystal and Rebecca at the Bates' home (they don't mess around when it comes to cooking! We even had an exceedingly rich homemade chocolate tart for dessert... I've decided they ought to open a restaurant)- it's sweet to have such friends from the past who practically live in the same neighborhood!
More:
Rebecca came to visit for her spring break. Jacob, her brother, spent two days and a night here with us as well. While I was at work, it was nice to invision them exploring the District, which they did SO well... they did not waste a moment! It was nice to spend some time in the evenings with Rebecca. It's always refreshing to be with Rebs! We visited Haley and Jesse in Maryland and were entertained by Ian and met little Kellan. Haley is a super mom!


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh Jenni! You look fab! I have to say I'm a wee bit jealous that you get to see the old roomies. Sigh. Someday.
ReplyDeleteJenni it was so fun to see you. I wish we'd had more time to talk or tour afterwards. I have all these "I wonder if I should have...." running through my head! I'm finally not too terribly sore today! The streets of Boston were crawling with blue jackets the next 2 days and today taking Kennedy to school I saw a dad in her class wearing one! Funny! I posted some pics of you. Take them off my sight if you please! You're amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteLove Stacey
Your posts mean so much more to me now that I have been there and seen how life is- and have met people. I think I know your friend ?Katie? in the green jacket and black shorts and looks like she only has one leg in the first picture. We worked EFY together. Maybe it's not her. Congrats on your races. I look forward to the upcoming posts!:)
ReplyDeleteI want to see a blog about the Boston marathon!!!! I'm also glad you visited Haley with Rebecca, also makes me jealous.
ReplyDeleteJ! How goes it? I finally figured out how to link onto your blog. For some reason I was having some issues, but its taken care of...finally. You did Boston, right? How'd it go? What are you up to? Summer plans?
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous you got to see the Bates family. Sounds like you had a great Easter
ReplyDelete