Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Snowboarding at Brighton

Kaili before we left her to hit the moutain
Yep... Another highlight... Andrew (Abes) and I headed up to Brighton, just outside of SLC, while I was visiting Utah for my Spring Break. Rach lent me her snowboarding gear and her hubby for the night. We were in for great conditions as a moderate storm came in to dust the mountain with fresh snow. Little did we know what a great adventure it would be... hiking! The resort was closed for night skiing (apparently the night-skiing season ends at the start of April), so we stubbornly used our feet rather than the chair lifts to gain some elevation... We got three decent runs in! The snow was perfect for hiking and boarding! What a night- the mountain to ourselves. It was so smooth! Andrew was a great teacher, and I am now more confident that I'll be working on my snowboarding abilities in winters (or springs)-to-come.
It snowed on us the entire night
Good memories- I love adventures with my favorite older brother :)

No comments:

Post a Comment