I have discovered a great way to stay motivate through the winter time... sign up for a Spring Race! Whether that means a 10K walk/run or a 5K... Maybe a bike race or triathlon... anything that "moves" you to activity in preparation through the winter.
Looking back on past winters, and experiencing the frigid conditions of winter, the pattern is clear... it's much less appealing and easy to avoid staying physically active to the level necessary for good health and a balanced life though the winter months. Who would not want to just stay inside on the couch sipping hot cocoa and watch the cold winter pass by? It's comfortable... that is until the results of hibernation set in... sleepiness, depression, several extra pounds, dreading summer clothing, you name it.
While setting a goal or signing up for the race is not the fix-all, it is the daily choice to stay physically active and knock down or jump over the winter hurdles that prevent us from having a need to start over every spring.
Easier said than done, but every effort is worth it... life is meant for living, and living is most enjoyed in good health, not limited by the season or the condition of our physical state.
THIS YEAR at BOSTON...
My cousin, Stacey, just re-qualified a couple weeks ago, so we're going to run at least a portion of it together... she's an inspiration! My mission president qualified in October and is still considering the race! And... Mom and Dad are heading east as dedicated cheerleaders! Connie is looking into coming as well!
祝你好运! I'm glad to see you're body is still up for that abuse... I tried to jog home the other day, just a half mile or something and somehow managed to throw out my back, no joke! As if I didn't feel old already. Anyway, 加油!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you cross the finish line:)
ReplyDeleteHi Jenni! I found your blog this morning and I'm so excited to get to know you better through blogging. (I'm Mary Ann's oldest) My blog is private, so send me an e-mail to googilycub@hotmail.com and I'll add you to my list if you want.
ReplyDeleteWay to represent the family ladies!
ReplyDeletehehe. you are so good. I am one who sits on the couch letting the winter months pass by because i cannot stand the cold. i am going to call you sometime soon so we can set up boston!
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you Jenni!! You are a total motivation to me. I also sit on the couch and watch the snow fall.
ReplyDelete